- 1 Best Tactical Watches & Reviews
- 1.1 1. Casio Master GW-9400 Stainless Steel Solar Watch
- 1.2 2. G-Shock Rangeman Master Of G Series
- 1.3 3. Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
- 1.4 4. Casio Men’s GA100-1A1
- 1.5 5. Casio Men’s GW-9400BJ-1JF G-Shock Master
- 1.6 6. Casio Men’s PAG240-1CR Pathfinder Watch
- 1.7 7. Casio Men’s GA100SD-8A G-Shock Military Watch
- 1.8 8. Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek
- 1.9 9. Timex Men’s T49928DH Expedition Watch
- 1.10 10. Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
- 2 Tactical Watches Buying Guide
- 3 Best Military / Tactical Watches Comparison Chart
- 4 Bottom line
When you are spending time outdoors, particularly in a tactical, military or survival situation, it is important that you can keep the time accurately. Being able to glance at a wristwatch is far more convenient than trying to grab your phone, which may need to be put away or even turned off for safety reasons. We have reviewed all outstanding watches in this buying guide so that you can find out about the best military watches on the market. If you are in a military pursuit, you should choose the best shock watches for military use, whilst outdoor pursuits require the best tactical watches. The buying guide at the end of the tactical watch reviews is a helpful tool to use so that you can assess your needs and requirements. This will mean that you’ll know exactly what to look out for when you want to purchase a watch for your outdoor adventure.
Casio Master GW-9400 Stainless Steel Solar Watch
|View On Amazon|
G-Shock Rangeman Master Of G Series
|View On Amazon|
Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
|View On Amazon|
Casio Men’s GA100-1A1
|View On Amazon|
Casio Men’s GW-9400BJ-1JF G-Shock Master
|View On Amazon|
Best Tactical Watches & Reviews
1. Casio Master GW-9400 Stainless Steel Solar Watch
If you want the best possible watch for outdoor pursuits, then this Casio men’s watch might be just what you need. It has many great features to ensure that it will be highly useful whilst the care that has gone into designing it means that it is robust and will last. There will be no need for replacing batteries with this watch and you won’t need to worry about it ever stopping working thanks to the solar-powered battery. As long as this watch is exposed to some solar energy, it will be able to constantly recharge itself.
The stainless steel material is strong and hard-wearing whilst the multiple displays give you the readings you need to see. You can also be sure of accurate timekeeping thanks to the quartz operation and the analog display. For the particularly tough environments, this watch has a protective window made from mineral crystal to ensure that it will not become scratched or cracked. The watch can also withstand water pressure of up to 200 meters so it is possible to keep the watch on when snorkeling or scuba diving. You can make use of the compass feature as well as an altimeter to track your altitude, a barometer for accurate weather prediction, a thermometer, and sunrise and sunset times.
2. G-Shock Rangeman Master Of G Series
If it’s a highly durable and shock absorbent watch that you’re looking for, then you should check out military watches G-Shock Rangeman from Casio. Its shock-absorbing properties will mean that you can carry out even the most exhausting of missions without fear of damaging the watch. The built-in triple sensor is also highly shock-absorbent and this detects the barometric pressure, altitude, and temperature. You can also keep track of your direction with the internal digital compass.
The buttons that are used to operate this watch are made with a cylindrical design. This makes it easy to press whilst being impact resistant. There is also a sensor button that is used frequently on this watch so as a result, it has a metal cover to protect it whilst acting as a dust cover to stop debris and dirt from getting to it.
A sensor screen on the display allows you to access various sensor modes. Without even needing to see the screen, the watch makes tones to identify which mode has been selected. This solar-powered shock-absorbent watch is a must for any adventurer and thanks to the altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and compass, you can keep track of your surroundings.
3. Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
Whether you have a tactical pen or not, if you want to have a computer watch that can not only keep time but that can also provide you with countless other useful features and functions, you’ll like the Suunto Core Watch. The watch even has the ability to sense thunderstorms ahead, even when you think that the weather is great.
The storm alarm is a great feature that will give you the warning to get to safety if there is a storm ahead. The watch detects a change in pressure and will sound an alarm to let you know. The screen will also flash. You will have time to find shelter from the storm.
An altimeter keeps track of the altitude at which you are climbing. You will also be able to see the trending weather, the temperature, and the watch has a digital compass built-in too. The onboard barometer keeps checking on the weather. Whether there are sunny skies or heavy rainstorms coming up, you’ll be warned so that you can plan your day as effectively as possible. You’ll know if you need to seek a safe place to shelter away from storms as well as knowing what kinds of clothes to pack for your trip.
4. Casio Men’s GA100-1A1
The Casio Men’s GA100-1A1 tactical watch has just about everything that you could need for your outdoor adventures. It is a highly shock-absorbent computer watch that can provide you with a whole host of useful features.
If you enjoy swimming or even scuba diving, this watch is a great choice, as it is waterproof to a depth of 200 meters. You will be able to keep it on during a dive, knowing that it will stand up to the wet conditions. It is durable and is also made from antimagnetic materials. It is often inconvenient to have a watch that is made from metallic materials due to their magnetic properties, so this watch has a rubber casing instead. This also makes it durable and shock absorbent.
You can make use of the stopwatch feature and this watch also has the ability to measure speed. When you buy this watch, you’ll be able to rely on the usual high quality that Casio offers and be sure that you will be getting a great looking watch that will last a long time. The stylish features and the user-friendly buttons just make it an even more popular choice.
5. Casio Men’s GW-9400BJ-1JF G-Shock Master
The GW-9400BJ-1JF from Casio features cutting edge technology to ensure that you cannot only keep the time when you are out in the wilderness, but you will also have access to some of the best possible features. Radio-controlled multiband 6 means that your watch will keep impeccable timing. This feature connects your watch via radio frequencies so that the watch will have the most up to date time possible depending on your location. You can pre-select your nearest US city for example, and the watch will automatically pick up the time.
You can enjoy non-stop functionality with this watch as it is solar-powered. This means ever having to change a battery and never having to be without your watch as the battery will never just cut out whilst you’re out on a mission. The casing of the watch ensures that it is well protected against shock. Not only is the watch itself protected from knocks and falls, but also the buttons are also carefully recessed into the case so that they won’t be damaged. The sensors that are built into this watch will accurately keep track of the temperature, weather, altitude, and direction as you move along.
Casio Men’s PAG240-1CR Pathfinder Watch
|View On Amazon|
Casio Men’s GA100SD-8A G-Shock Military Watch
|View On Amazon|
Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek
|View On Amazon|
Timex Men’s T49928DH Expedition Watch
|View On Amazon|
Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
|View On Amazon|
6. Casio Men’s PAG240-1CR Pathfinder Watch
This fashionable black sports watch from Casio will impress you with its many useful features. Not only can it provide you with all kinds of useful information, but it is also a durable watch that will never need you to replace the batteries. Thanks to the solar-powered rechargeable battery, you can be sure that this watch will keep working for up to 6 months without any further exposure to light once it has fully charged.
It will also offer you a digital compass feature to keep on track, an altimeter so that you know what altitude you are at, a barometer to predict the weather and a thermometer. It is also highly resistant to hot and cold temperatures.
The watch itself is highly accurate and offers world time in 31 different time zones and 49 different cities. You can set up to 5 daily alarms and make use of the stopwatch and countdown timer. The watch also has a battery level indicator on the display as well as the ability to set a power-saving function to conserve power. The stainless steel casing protects the watch from damage whilst the resin band is comfortable to wear at all times whilst being flexible and adjustable.
7. Casio Men’s GA100SD-8A G-Shock Military Watch
For military marine pursuits and for keen swimmers, the Casio Men’s GA100SD-8A G-Shock Military Watch is a great tool to have. Thanks to its shock absorbent and highly waterproof design, this watch is able to withstand water pressure of up to 200 meters. This makes it suitable to wear even for shallow scuba diving.
The analog-digital display ensures that you can see the time all the time and the Japanese quartz movement ensures perfect accuracy. A 1/1000 second stopwatch is included along with a speed indicator. You can also make use of the 24-hour countdown timer and the daily alarms. You can set up to 4 daily alarms and the watch also allows you to snooze the alarm once. This watch is also suitable for traveling as it has world time mode, which gives you the time for 48 major cities.
The ribbed resin band on this watch ensures that you can wear it comfortably and thanks to the buckle fastener, this watch will stay firmly on your wrist. You will be able to adjust it if you need to wear it with gloves or a long-sleeved top. The casing of the watch is also shock absorbing and will protect the watch against any knocks or scrapes.
8. Casio Men’s PRW-6000Y-1ACR Pro Trek
This analog-digital watch from Casio is one of the best sports watches around. It has been designed to allow you to tell the time as quickly as possible whilst offering you a whole host of additional features.
This stylish black watch will look great, whether you’re trekking out in the wilderness with your friends or wearing it in the office. It shows you the date and the time on the main window whilst the digital display can offer further information with the press of a button.
So that you can see the display in any light conditions, the anti-reflective glass will ensure that there is no glare from the sun or harsh light. The resin band and the buckle also allow you to wear this watch with comfort and you can adjust it to fit over clothing if you need to.
This watch isn’t suitable for scuba diving, but if you’re going swimming or even snorkeling, you’ll be able to leave it on. It is waterproof to a depth of 100 meters. You also have access to an altimeter, barometer, thermometer, and compass as well as being able to select from 29 different time zones. The alarm feature allows you to set up to 5 alarms and there is also a stopwatch feature.
9. Timex Men’s T49928DH Expedition Watch
When you buy the Timex Men’s T49928DH Expedition watch, you’ll be buying a high-quality accessory from one of the best American watch companies around. It is stylish and also has been made to be highly durable. On the main face of the watch, you will see the digital compass with the time and the date clearly displayed.
The casing for the watch has been made with lightweight but hardwearing resin and the dial window is made of acrylic, making it resistant to damage. This is a shock-absorbing watch that will withstand knocks and scrapes. It is also waterproof so you can swim or snorkel whilst still be wearing it. As it can withstand depths of up to 200 meters, it may even be suitable for shallow scuba diving too.
In order to keep perfect time, this watch uses quartz movement. You can be sure of complete accuracy. It also has a chronograph feature to keep perfect time, as well as an LED light to ensure that you can see the display perfectly at all times. The compass that is built into this watch will ensure that you can keep heading in the right direction, which is perfect when you’re tracking in an unfamiliar place outdoors.
10. Suunto Core Wrist-Top Computer Watch
This Suunto Core military watch is a great choice for the outdoor enthusiast. It helps you to keep track of conditions throughout the day so that whether you are hiking, cycling or camping, you can be aware of what the day holds, enabling you to prepare. A storm alarm ensures that you know about any potential thunderstorms. It does this by detecting any drops in the atmospheric pressure. If it detects a change over three hours, the watch flashes and sounds an alarm to alert you of the potential weather hazard.
Your elevation is monitored using the watches inbuilt altimeter. You can see at a glance how far you’ve climbed. You can also record your climbing pattern so that you can review it later. As the altimeter is so accurate, you can use it reliably for outdoor pursuits such as skiing and trekking. The barometer will let you know how the weather is likely to act for the duration of your day, whilst the compass will keep you on the right track. The watch is easy to use and requires no user programming. Simply press the button corresponding to the feature you want to operate and you will be able to start on your way.
Tactical Watches Buying Guide
Imagine the situation – you’re on a tactical mission in a vast jungle environment. Suddenly, your group senses danger. Before you realize it, the team has split up for safety and you find that you’re alone, without a method of communication. In this situation, what you need is a high-quality tactical watch.
As the light of day begins to fade away, you wouldn’t struggle with a tactical watch, as they have backlit LED displays. These displays not only give you the time, but they also have an altimeter to let you know what altitude you’re at and they could have a built-in compass. These tools can let you know how far you have traveled up mountain faces for example and will give you your bearings.
Features are highly important for anyone who is on their own in a wilderness situation to be able to keep track of their surroundings. Many tactical watches have a thermometer and even a barometer. You’ll know how quickly the temperature is dropping and you can see what the weather is expected to do next. This would give you a warning sign to run for a cover away from a storm for example or to find shelter if the temperature is falling.
To navigate your route ahead without any prior knowledge of the area, you can get watches that have a feature called a chronograph. This allows you to point your watches compass north and to use the chronograph to follow a safe incline up the mountain.
This buying guide will look at the main questions that people have when it comes to buying a new military watch so that you know what features to look for. This will help you to find the perfect watch for you. If you choose the right watch in the first place, it will serve you well and you won’t need to purchase another one for a good while.
1. Why Should You Buy A Tactical Watch?
When anyone considers a military or tactical kit, one of the main accessories that they will usually think of is a military watch. This is because there are so many useful features and tools built into the technology of the tactical watch. For anyone who spends a long amount of time outdoors, or for military personnel, a military watch is an absolute must. If you choose a good quality one, it will have more features and tools as well as being more reliable. This is of complete importance as the watch could even save your life.
If you already have a watch or similar device that you may have even been using for years, you should consider replacing it with a top of the range tactical watch. Although your current watch is probably durable and maybe even last you a long time, it is likely that it will lack the features and tools of a tactical watch, offering little more functionality than keeping the time.
A military watch could even help you to keep up with your team and it should also support you if you get stranded alone. When other devices may lose signal and let you down. Your tactical watch should be able to help you to keep moving. If you use an old and outdated tactical watch, you could find yourself a step behind your competition or enemies. This is especially important in a military setting. You should ensure that you are not using old-fashioned tools like this. The best military or tactical watches will be so accurate that you’ll be able to match the path of your team whilst an older watch may have a lag or be less accurate, meaning that you get left behind or end up off course.
2. What Features Are Available?
When you are looking for a useful military watch that you can use as a survival or orientation tool, you should be sure to find one that has all the features that you could possibly need. Not all watches have every one of these features, and you may be able to save money if you purchase a watch that only has the features that you actually will need and use.
- Durability – You should check what material the watch is made from. Titanium and carbon fiber are great choices as these materials are not likely to wear very quickly and they ensure that the watch is as lightweight as possible.
- Battery – Nobody wants to lose watch power at an inconvenient time, and being stranded out in the wilderness with your main survival tool losing power could be your worst nightmare. Look out for watches that are solar powered as this will mean that you will never need to change the watch battery, as it will constantly recharge itself.
- Display – Think about the kind of display that you need. For military or hunting trips, it is important to remain stealthy and unseen. A non-reflective display will help you to see the screen better whilst an inverse LED will display light digits on a dark background.
- Shock Resistant – Shock resistant watches are a must for anyone taking part in outdoor pursuits. A shock-absorbent watch will protect it against any knocks, keeping it functional at all times.
- Adjustable strap – You should make sure that the strap is easy to adjust to your wrist. If you need to put the watch on over gloves or a long-sleeved top, this will be essential.
- Watch features – Tactical and military watches often come with a compass, altimeter, barometer, and chronograph.
3. Determine Which Features You Need
If you’re struggling to think of all the features that you would need in a watch, you should think about the kinds of activities that you’d want to be doing whilst wearing the watch. Here are just a few of the things you could need your watch for and the features to look out for.
- Swimming and water sports – If you enjoy water sports and swimming, you should make sure that you lookout for a watch that is waterproof. These watches are usually made from rubber materials and have varying levels of waterproof depths. If you plan to stay close to the surface, you will be able to choose from the watches that are a little cheaper. More expensive watches can be waterproof even at depths of 200 meters!
- Camping – When you are camping, you can be sure that you will need to see your watch in darker conditions. Choose a watch that has LED backlight features for this. You would also be able to benefit from a barometer and storm alarm feature, as these will tell you when there is a bad weather ahead so that you can plan accordingly. You may want to use alarm clock features to ensure that you keep any schedules.
- Hunting – Stealth operation is important when you are hunting so that you don’t startle any potential targets. Some watches come with anti-glare inverted displays so that your watch won’t light up causing you to lose your cover.
- Military Operations – For military operations, it is important to know where you are at all times. Look out for watches with altimeters, as these will help you to keep track of your altitude. You can plot your path using an altimeter and you can use a compass to ensure that you stay in the right direction.
4. Narrowing Down Your Selection
When you’re looking for a military or tactical watch, it is important that you investigate the kinds of features that you could possibly need on your watch. It is a good idea to read reviews and to look out for any sites offering customer ratings too. This will help you to choose the right watch for your needs.
- Investigate – When you’re trying to choose the best watch, you should make sure that you know what features are available to you. This buying guide gives you some of the top features, but there may be other features that you are interested in and you may even want to find out more information about certain features. Once you have a list of the features that you know that you will definitely want, you will be able to start to narrow down your list of choices. By choosing the watch that has all the features that you need, you can be sure that you’ll be getting a watch that perfectly meets your needs,
- Reviews – It is important that you read reviews about the watch before you purchase it. Just because a manufacturer claims it’s the best doesn’t mean that it is. See what other people have to say about the watch and you will have a better chance of choosing a watch that will be reliable and one that will last you a long time.
- User ratings – User ratings are your at-a-glance way of finding out how popular a watch is. Whilst a review will give you a detailed account of exactly what other users like or dislike about a watch, you’ll be able to see quickly whether the watch is good or not. This shouldn’t be used as your only way of finding out how good or bad a watch is, but it will help you to quickly pick the watches to compare and which ones to stay away from.
There are a lot of things to think about when you’re considering the cost of purchasing a military or tactical style of watch.
- Style – If you are the kind of person who likes to wear a watch all the time, you should try to choose a watch that is suitable for all occasions. Sports watches are often great choices for this. There are plenty of different colors to choose from too when it comes to tactical and military watches but it is a good idea to choose a neutral color like black that will go with everything if you want something that will be versatile to wear all the time.
- Features – If you want a lot of features on the watch, then you will probably need to spend more money to get one that meets your needs. If you can get by with fewer features, you may be able to buy a cheaper watch. For example, if you want the watch for swimming but only in shallow water, then you could buy one of the watches that have a shallow depth of waterproofness. If you don’t even need to go swimming whilst wearing your watch, you could save even more money, but you should bear in mind that your watch won’t be waterproof if you are out in particularly wet and rainy weather conditions.
- Saving money – You could save money on the purchase of the watch if you are careful about it when you buy it. Sometimes, you need your accessory there and then, but if you can wait, you may find that you are able to get a discount or reduction on the cost of the watch if it is at the end of its fashion line. Be careful if you do choose to do this, as it’s likely that the next model will have more features and better features, but if you are happy with the watch as it is, it may be worth buying it at the reduced price. You can also save money if you can find a voucher code for the website that you are buying from. Sometimes this may come in an email as appreciation for your loyalty as a customer and other times, there may simply be a promotion available.
6. Size, adjustability, style, and materials
When you are looking at watches, it is a good idea to consider the material and the style of the watch. Different watches are made for different purposes so you should ensure that the one that you’re choosing is an appropriate style for you.
Most men’s tactical watches are pretty big. They have to be, as the watch face has to display a lot of information clearly. Some will have a digital clock face whilst others have an analog face and there are some watches that have both for convenience. If you have trouble reading consistently, it may be a good idea to make sure that the watch has a large enough display for you to see and even choose options like inverse lighting where the text lights up instead of the background.
In order to be shock absorbent, a lot of these kinds of watches are made from rubber or a resin compound material. This ensures that the watch face and the internal workings will be protected from any bumps or knocks whilst you are wearing the watch. If you are looking for a watch that is shock absorbent, you should try to avoid the more rigid watch structures such as bezels that are made of aluminum or similar. Rubber watches are often waterproof too and are likely to last for a long time.
Most tactical and combat watches have straps that are made from resin. The resin is flexible and strong and they usually fasten with a buckle. This not only allows you to put the watch on or take it off with ease, but you will also be able to wear the watch over gloves or clothing if you need to.
Best Military / Tactical Watches Comparison Chart
|PRODUCT||PRICE||WATER RESISTANT||BATTERY TYPE||DISPLAY TYPE|
|SUUNTO CORE WRIST-TOP COMPUTER WATCH||$$$||100 feet (30 M)||Lithium||Digital|
|CASIO MASTER GW-9400 STAINLESS STEEL SOLAR WATCH||$$||660 feet (200 M)||Solar||Digital|
|G-SHOCK RANGEMAN MASTER OF G SERIES||$$||660 feet (200 M)||Solar||Digital|
|SUUNTO CORE WRIST-TOP COMPUTER WATCH||$$||100 feet (30 M)||Lithium||Digital|
|CASIO MEN’S GA100-1A1||$||660 feet (200 M)||Lithium||Analog/Digital|
|CASIO MEN’S GW-9400BJ-1JF G-SHOCK MASTER||$$$||660 feet (200 M)||Solar||Digital|
|CASIO MEN’S PAG240-1CR PATHFINDER WATCH||$$||330 feet (100 M)||Solar||Digital|
|CASIO MEN’S GA100SD-8A G-SHOCK MILITARY WATCH||$||660 feet (200 M)||Lithium||Analog/Digital|
|CASIO MEN’S PRW-6000Y-1ACR PRO TREK||$$$||330 feet (100 M)||Solar||Analog/Digital|
|TIMEX MEN’S T49928DH EXPEDITION WATCH||$||660 feet (200 M)||Lithium||Digital|
There are some great products out there to choose from for the explorer. Whether you want to find the best tactical watch for outdoor pursuits or if you need the highest quality and best military watch for an outdoor mission, you can find exactly what you need through our tactical outfits article. You should make sure that you have read through the buying guide carefully as this explains the importance of having up to date equipment and how you can choose the best possible tactical watch for your needs. Thanks to the many great manufacturers out there, you can be sure to have plenty of choices, even when you are looking for a very specific kind of military or tactical watch. You can be sure of high quality and an accessory that is made to last. If you are unsure of what is available out there, hopefully, you have found the reviews of the top military and tactical watches useful.